Master Data Support Center
Master Data Management & Optimization
Effectiveness of procurement and supply chain depend on the availability of material and services master which is clean and complete to make the right decisions at the right time. Complete and accurate purchasing specifications and services specifications are essential for making accurate buying decisions. Together with the asset master, the materials/ services catalogue forms the foundation of inventory, purchasing, contracting and maintenance management processes and systems. The quality of the catalogue has a direct impact upon these processes and systems as they contribute to the achievement of organizational goals. ERP tools, Procurement systems, Contract Management systems and SRM tools rely on the underlying data quality of the material/ services master for effective functioning. A good standard master data will improve supply chain efficiency by ~25-30%, and helps companies save a huge cost (i.e. inventory, purchasing, duplicate elimination, etc).
- Data Audit to identify the underlying data issues
- Bench marking to industry and global standards
- Data Collection from multiple sources: Legacy systems, Catalogs online and offline, Transactional data, Suppliers and customers
- Bringing Attribute Standards and Schema standards
- Data Normalization, Classification and Enrichment Services
- Crib crawling data collection from stores
- Data analysis for performance improvements in spend & supplier management, inventory optimization
Material Master & Cataloging
We offer end to end catalogue cleanup/creation and maintenance solutions for Material Master that enables companies to improve performance, mitigate risks, and thereby enhance profitability. We use industry coding standards (i.e. UNSPCS, NATO/NSN, eCl@ss, ECCMA(eOTD), etc) as well as customer specific standards that would maximize the ROI, we can tailor data to the specific business and system requirements of each customer. It is important that your organization either defines its own naming convention or follows one of the national or international standards. Throughout the process, we standardize, enhances, and validates raw data to provide a material master that is consistent, attribute-rich, and free of duplication. Once clean, materials data is then formatted to meet the specific configuration requirements of the chosen ERP/EAM/CMMS, including field type, character limitation, and data arrangement.
Services Master & Cataloging
Maintaining Services catalogue is a major challenge in the industry. However we recognize that this can be achieved to certain degree by collaborating with the stakeholders and by establishing a structured format in cataloguing services. We offer end to end management of catalogue cleanup/creation and maintenance solutions for Services Master that enables companies to improve performance, mitigate risks, and thereby enhance profitability for the services spend. We will follow industry coding standards as well as customer specific standards that would maximize the ROI, we can tailor data to the specific business and system requirements of each customer. It is important that your organization either defines its own naming convention or follows one of the national or international standards. Throughout the process, we standardize, enhances, and validates raw data to provide a service master that is consistent, attribute-rich, and free of duplication. Once clean, services data is then formatted to meet the specific configuration requirements of the chosen ERP/EAM/CMMS, including field type, character limitation, and data arrangement.
Centralized Coding Support Center
Ongoing data quality maintenance is a crucial process to ensure data integrity. Most companies after establishing a standard for data configuration, passes the responsibility to individual employees. This often results in deterioration of data quality over time. We have a centralized coding center that operates 24 x 7 x 365 days for several of our customers for maintaining master data quality. With a quick turn around time, our Coding center ensures addition of new parts or processing of new purchase requests effectively maintaining the data quality intact.
We have category specific expertise and intelligence to obtain missing information’s such as:
- Manufacturer Part Number Validation
- Manufacturer Name Validation
- Noun/Modifier Assignment
- Data Classification using Global Standards
- Attribute Value Sourcing
- Unit of Measure (UoM)
- Long / Short Description Writing
- Product Image Sourcing / Editing
- CLIENT SETUP INCL. STANDARDS, NOMENCLETURE & SLA’S
- RECEIVE REQUEST FOR CATALOGUING (EMAIL, PHONE, ONLINE FORMS, CHAT, ETC)
- SUPPORT CENTER SME REVIEWS & CONFIRMS TO QUALITY REQUIREMENTS
- CHECK FOR DUPLICATE CATALOGUE & VERIFY COMPLETENESS OF DATA
- COMPLETE CODING REQUEST & CLOSE CODING REQUEST
We are able to provide Custom Coding as requested by the customer. Custom Coding may include country-specific tax coding, various industry-specific classification systems, and any custom classification or coding system that has been developed and utilized internally by the customer. It is essential to keep the catalogue up to date as materials and suppliers change. It is also essential to ensure that data quality does not erode over time. We do the following:
- Incorporate change of essential material data as a result of obsolescence, change of supplier, replacement of existing material, design change or addition of a new item in your change management process.
- Assign clear responsibilities for addition, deletion, updates of the materials in the catalogue.
- Conduct frequent audits of the material catalogue and the cataloguing process.
The key to cataloguing is in correctly and uniquely identifying the right materials required to support maintenance and operations. A good material catalogue makes maintenance more efficient and minimizes unplanned downtime. Not only does a good quality material catalogue assist in communication but it can help prevent unnecessary expense through the selection of incorrect materials, expediting, excessive stock holdings and rework.
Vendor Master Management
Good quality vendor master data is at the heart of any high performing supply chain operation.
- Without good data, it’s impossible to capture the full benefits of automation technology, and the risk of fraud is high.
- With good data, you can analyze the performance of your suppliers, leverage spend and reduce your cost base.
Our Vendor Master Data Services enable organizations to optimize your supplier base by taking a perspective across systems, locations, and geographies. Any process improvement in supply chain is not complete without gaining control over the supplier master. Supply chain programs like strategic sourcing, inventory reduction, spend analytics, cost reduction and supplier on boarding require Vendor Master to be accurate with sufficient information. Our industry expertise will enable companies to optimize supplier strategies and have the right supplier for the right category.