Job Number: 091271
Job is available in these locations: Houston, TX or India
Relocation Eligible: No
Expat Eligible: No
Employee Type: Part Time
Overview of Position: Accepting online applications for the position of Communication Advisor located in Houston, TX or India
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Assist the company leadership with branding, blogs and publications
- Research, develop and write articles; conduct speechwriting; coordinate special projects to support the team to meet or exceed the goals of the Company
- Review, edit, and revise internal and external communications. Develop or review communication plan outlines to clarify audiences, purpose and treatment of programs prior to development and delivery. Serve as a reviewer and approver of communications
- Ensure the overall integrity and quality of the communications program and products.
- Review the contents on the website and ensure the website has the most current and up to date information.
- Manage the blogs on the company website.
- Advises leadership in areas that needs improvement to protect the overall reputation of the company.
- Oversee and/or develop print and digital communications, including press releases, solution papers, written public testimony, memorandums, electronic communications, and content for the company website
Essential Skills, Experience, & Qualities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Extensive writing and editing experience
- Knowledge of AP Style
- Ability to evaluate complex information and provide communications recommendations
- Ability to appreciate and analyze both the broad framework and specific details of a variety of ideas and projects
- Keen attention to detail
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, English
- Masters in English Literature preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience required, in a corporate communications environment or PR agency: oil and gas industry experience a plus
- Experience in full range of communications deliverables, including PR plans, strategy, counsel, media relations, social media, websites, copywriting and speechwriting, events and crisis
- Strong background in media relations and written communications required
- Must be able to communicate and comprehend accurately, clearly and concisely in English at a level required to perform the job as outlined
- Customer-focused with good planning and organizational skills.
- A team player with strong interpersonal and motivational skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Willing to attend late/ after hour calls and meetings to meet USA (CST) time zone.